Monday 9 April 2018

* Vera Lane Studio: Easter Bonnet


Hello!

Today I have a couple of projects for Vera Lane Studio: an ATC for this month's swap and a card.

Each month, in our Facebook group, one of the DT hosts an ATC exchange. This month it's my turn and I chose the theme Flower Power. Janet, the artist behind these quirky images, kindly drew a hat with flowers which she is giving away to those signing up for the swap. I added the hat to both of my projects.

Firstly my ATC:

 

I love this little puppy and she looks so sweet in her hat! She comes from the Rescue Puppies set. I  added her hat, resized her and printed her out. She's coloured with Copics, highlighted with white Posca pen and fussy cut. She has a glossy nose and shining eyes, courtesy of Glossy Accents. Her background is made from patterned paper. Some twine trim and cheesecloth was added for texture and also to separate the puppy from the fussy paper. I added torn text from a dictionary page and inked the ATC edges in black. The puppy is popped on foam pads for more dimension. Pink gems were added around the edge of the card along with a pink handmade flower. Some yellow gems make the flower centres.




Next I have a card:


I used one of the images from Journal Faces. Again I added the hat before printing her out. She's coloured with Copics and her background is lightly inked with Mustard Seed. She is popped on foam pads onto a gelli print background. I used a sample of heavily embossed wallpaper to add the texture and pattern to the gelli print. The print is matted onto embossed white card and mounted onto black card.







I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!

You'll find us HERE on Facebook in a closed group.
 There's always tons of fabulous inspiration!
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo

I'd like to play along in these challenges:

 ATC
Cute Card Thursday #524 11/04
Jo' Scrapshack #228 AG 13/04
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #79 AG 14/04 
Crafty Friends #81 Fave Colour 20/04
Dragonfly Dreams Pink 27/04 (#2)
Crafters Castle #4 AG/Dimensional 30/04

The Fairy and the Unicorn April AG
Cutie Pie #122 Delightful Digis 30/04

Card
QKR Stampede #290 AG 12/04
Aloha Friday #115 Spring 13/04
Hiding in my Craftroom #347 Spring is in the Air 14/04
Creative Fingers #144 AG 22/04
Crafting with an Attitude #38 AG 28/04


I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.