Sunday 1 October 2017

Gecko Galz: Charming Gibson Girl Journal Page

Hello Friends!


Today I have an art journal page to share with you using beautiful paper crafting products from Gecko Galz.

I made the page in my small Dylusions journal.

   

1.  Select Gecko Galz images (listed below), resize if needed, print and cut out. Ink all edges in Vintage Photo. I also inked over the Gibson Girl (GG03) to give her a sepia colour.
2.  Select background paper (Timeless 6) - roughly tear to the size of your journal page and ink the edges in Vintage Photo.
3.  Ink around the edges of the book page.
4.  Adhere the background paper to the journal - I Mod Podged over the top of the paper too.
5.  Tear some small pieces of background paper, ink edges and adhere randomly to the top of the page.
6.  Use white gesso to mute down some of the background - I smeared it using my finger.
7.  Place some torn cheesecloth in the mid to bottom section of the page and adhere the Gibson girl.
8.  Arrange flowers where you want them.
9.  Adhere the words.
10. Adhere the butterflies; glue just in the centre, so that they lift up to give some texture.
11. Apply some modelling paste (coloured by blending with distress ink) through a stencil.
12. Use a paintbrush, water and distress ink to add shadows around the collaged images.

Gecko Galz Products used:
Timeless Mini Paper Pack
Gibson Girls Stamp Set
Parisian Garden Kit (butterflies, roses and fan)
Charming Words Collage Sheet

Own stash:
Dylusions Art Journal
Mod Podge
White Gesso
Modelling Paste & Tim Holtz Stencil
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in the following challenges: 

More Mixed Media AG 04/10
Fussy and Fancy #197 Shabby Chic 12/10
We Love 2 Create #1 AG Mixed Media 30/10
Stamplorations Mixed Media Challenge 31/10




I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).
Thanks x
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.