Monday 10 July 2017

* Vera Lane Studio: Blooms

Hello Friends!


I'm here today to share my DT post for Vera Lane Studio. Our theme this month is Blossoms and I made two cards featuring some of the Vera Lane blooms.

First is a vase of flowers:



I love how this one turned out. I used 4 Vera Lane digital sets in all: Blooms for the flowers, Cats and Crocks for the vase, the banner was from May and the word 'Hello' from the Sentiments set.

All digis were arranged in PowerPoint first. Once I was happy with the arrangement, I made sure to duplicate the images and arrange separately, as I planned to decoupage the flowers to give some dimension. I coloured the images with marker pens, added some white Posca pen highlights, and fussy cut them. I always go around the images with a black brush pen from behind to make sure there are no white edges. 
I decided to use a white background to make my vase of flowers stand out. To add some interest I embossed white card with a lovely new embossing folder featuring more flowers.

The whole image was adhered first and then the individual flowers were shaped using a foam pad and a Tonic Studio embossing tool. They were adhered over the top of the original flowers. The centres of my flowers were given Glossy Accent treatment. The sentiment was popped on foam pads.

I matted my card first with yellow card, then with black before popping onto a white card base.

This photo shows the dimension of the flowers: 





My second card is made with the beautiful Paisley set (not for sale in the Etsy shop right now, but still available on request from Janet):



I arranged Paisley, her flowers and sentiment in PowerPoint, then printed them out. I initially thought I'd be making a CAS card, but it ended up different to my plans!  I coloured the images and cut them out with a stitched rectangle die. Leaving the die in place, I lightly inked the background with Spun Sugar. I chose this beautiful, floral, glittered card as a backing and found some trim, which reminded me of rose buds, in my stash. I decided to add some lovely, pink magnolia flowers from Anna Marie Designs and a double organza bow.

Blooms                Cats and Crocks                    May     
  

 Sentiments and Paisley
are not in the shop at the moment, but are available on request from Janet.


I hope you'll come along and play on Vera Lane. It's such a friendly, fun place to be!
You'll find us on Facebook in a closed group, which I invite you all to join! 
You can find us HERE
I guarantee, you'll get a very warm welcome!




Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo


I'd like to play along in these challenges:

Blooms
Penny's Challenges #336 11/07
Inspiration Destination #131 12/07
Simon Says Stamp Summer Sunshine 12/07 
Jo's Scrapshack #196 AG 14/07
That's Crafty AG 21/07
Simply Papercrafts #48 24/07
Artistic Inspirations #183 AG/Summer Colours 24/07
Craft Rocket #39 AG 01/08
Creative Fingers #134 AG 04/08

Paisley
Crafty Gals Corner #130 AG 11/07
Creative Knockouts #201 Summer Fun 13/07
Colour Crazy Challenge #27 AG 14/07
Catch the Bug Outdoor Fun 15/07
Crafting From The Heart #167 AG 17/07
PIP Challenge #1728 AG 17/07
Dragonfly Dreams AG 29/07
Cutie Pie #113 Here Come The Girls 07/08
Create and Inspire #64 AG 09/08



I'd really love some feedback :)      
I read and appreciate all your comments. 

To leave a comment, please click on the G+1 button below.
(If this does not open up the comments, please click either the link to this particular post in the sidebar, or click on the red heading at the top of the post and, hopefully, the comments will open).

Thanks. x

SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to read each one and appreciate you taking time to visit my blog!

Please remember, as this is a public blog, if you leave a comment on any post, you do so in the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit here.